Baby Food Recipes
Baby Food Recipes: Babies are considered gifts from above. They are very precious members of the family. They provide joy and laughter inside a home. The family’s attention is focussed on these little bundles of joy most of the time. You just love to watch them as they giggle, sleep, smile, or whatever they are doing.
Every parent wants the best for their baby, from clothes they wear up to the food they eat. Basically, the top priority for babies is proper nutrition, for them to grow healthy and smart as much as possible. So now, how can parents achieve this? The answer is very simple; just make your own baby food.
Benefits of Creating Your Baby Food Recipes
- You are sure that the ingredients are healthy, safe and fresh
- You will definitely save money.
- You know what your baby eats.
- You can modify the baby food recipes that your baby will eat to ultimately suit your baby’s needs and preferences
- It will be a satisfying experience for you and for your baby
Here Are Simple Baby Food Recipes That Your Baby Can Enjoy.
Healthy Rice Cereal
What you need:
-8 fl oz water (1 cup)
-1/4 cup brown rice powder (around 1 oz)
- Grind the brown rice in small quantities into a food processor or blender. If you don’t have brown rice, you can use white rice as an alternative.
- Boil the water.
- Put in the rice powder and stir it continuously with a whisk.
- Decrease the heat at a very low point and simmer lightly for 10 minutes. Keep stirring so that the rice will not stick.
- Lastly, mix in adequate breastmilk or formula to provide the consistency which best suit your baby.
Delicious Sweet Potato
What you need:
-1 large sweet potato
- You should preheat the oven to 190 deg C or 375 deg F.
- Scrub and prick the sweet potato using a fork.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Split it into two once cooked and scrape the flesh using a spoon.
Creamy Fruit Mash
What you need:
-1/2 peeled avocado
-1 pear or apple, diced, cored, and peeled
- Put the prepared pear or apple in a small saucepan then put in some little water. Let it simmer until the fruit gets tender.
- Move the pear or apple to a blender or food processor and mash until smooth.
- Puree the avocado then mix it with the fruit puree. Enjoy and serve!
Sweet Potato and Apple Soup (For 6 months onwards)
What you need:
-2 tsp unsalted butter
-4 fl oz milk (1/2 cup, use formula or breast milk if you want)
-2 tsp flour
-a pinch of ground ginger (optional)
-6 oz cooked sweet potatoes (3/4 cup)
-2 tsp applesauce
-a pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
-6 fl oz homemade chicken broth or low sodium
- Thaw the butter in a saucepan and mix in the flour.
- Stir, cook the mixture until it turns golden
- Add the broth gradually, stir continuously and then pour the applesauce, ginger, cinnamon, and sweet potato.
- Let the mixture boil, and then lessen the heat the mixture simmers gently. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree the mixture and then return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Lastly, pour the milk and let it warm.
What you need:
-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
-1 cup cooked quinoa
-a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
-2 beaten small eggs
-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
-1/2 finely chopped onion
-1/2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
-1 crushed clove of garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl. Allow it to rest for about 5 minutes so that the bread crumbs will have a chance to immerse the liquid.
- Form 16 loose patties using your hand.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan more than a medium heat
- Put the patties into the pan and let it cook for about 5 mins. until golden.
- Allow to cool and serve with a sauce or dip.
Learning to Read for Preschoolers
Children usually take the crucial steps toward learning to read early in life, and that is before they can even exhibit their reading and writing skills. Other than oral reading, being able to read signs and symbols, identification of images should be practiced as well. It is necessary for a child to learn the basic things in life at a young age for this will be the foundation for his understanding about literacy and its concept.
Even during the first few months of a baby, they already beginning to learn on how to read gestures and facial expressions of the people around him especially with their parents, and once they start to play around they get to manipulate objects and from here they learn on how to read symbols. Next is when children learn on how to mimic sounds and they begin to learn about alphabet.
In order for a child to know how to read well they have to start with knowing the sounds of letter, knowing the meaning of a word, and once they have already had a grasped on it, they will start now on learning to read or understand set of words grouped together in a sentence.
There are a lot of preschool student nowadays who can already read well due to several factors like I.Q, Environment, and Genes, a kid may be above-average person who has God-given talent in reading, may have a wonderful environment where he/she is fully nurtured and given the best to become bright and talented child or its simply because of their parents that may have able to read at a young age as well.
To make reading or just learning to read more interesting for kids, teachers, parents or guardian should know how to create activities for preschoolers that are engaging and amusing so that kids will focus and pay attention to what they are doing. Most common example for this are flash cards. Flash cards are very colorful, usually with animal pictures on it, kids are easily engaged to it making it more interacting and easy for them to learn on how to read.
Reading is not only through the eyes and mouth, some kids may not have the ability to use all senses in order for them to read and learn, there are kids who are mute and deaf or blind but that doesn’t hinder them being a normal person who can read, with the technology that we have there are lot of ways to do to learn and read we just need to exert effort for us to make sure that all children will have better ways in understanding the world in the future by making a foundation today through their learning. One of the popular educational tools for learning to read and write on the market in the past as today is the magic pen named “LeapReader” from LeapFrog. The latest model, LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System is very interesting!
Learning to read cannot be executed overnight, it needs practice, time and effort but the learning all the children acquired will be essential in their life. This will be the greatest gift that no one can take away from every child the knowledge they get from all the things that they learned from.